History of The Community at Franklin Park
Located in the heart of downtown Denver, The Community at Franklin Park has a long and interesting history. The building where the health center now stands was originally built in 1895, and for the next 40 years served as a homeopathic institution. In 1935, as the city grew, Howard E. Lamb and Associates took over the business, which included some renovations, and in March of 1940 opened the Lamb Memorial Hospital, a non-profit corporation. The hospital was in operation for many years before ownership transferred to Baptist Home Association of the Rocky Mountains. In June of 1976 the Association held a ground breaking ceremony for the new addition to Park Avenue Baptist Home, which offered skilled nursing services for 95 residents and 7 assisted living apartments.
Today, 122 years after the original homeopathic institution opened to serve the people of Denver, the Franklin Park Health Center building may look different, but the tradition of service continues by providing 65 skilled nursing beds and a recently remodeled 21 bed secured memory care center, both of which accept Medicaid for those who qualify. We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful campus, and we encourage you to come visit us or call for a personal tour at 303-832-9323